Are you really prepared to make the move?
- On top of great weather, Florida is business friendly, it has no state income or inheritance tax, and it has great asset protection laws.
- There are many misconceptions about domiciling in Florida, including misconceptions about property ownership, residency duration, driver’s license and voter registration.
- On top of having good sunscreen, you’ll need a CPA, a financial advisor and other professionals with domicile experience.
Have enough and had enough? Make sure you retire on your own terms.
- Retirement is all about making an important change in your life—on your own terms—and being comfortable with the decision.
- When considering any important life change, make sure you direct your inner “rider,” motivate your inner “elephant” and shape your own environment.
- For a happy and rewarding retirement, make sure you get your passion, your engine, your head and your path in sync.
Grab it while you can, or hold out for better benefits (if the program’s still solvent)?
- The age-old question about when to file for Social Security comes down to both financial and nonfinancial issues.
- Historically, the longer you could wait, the greater your benefits. But now questions about the program’s solvency and “means testing” are complicating the equation.
- Ask your advisor to help you go through your projected balance sheet, cash flow and tax situation to see when Social Security should ideally be part of your income stream.