Are you really prepared to make the move?
- On top of great weather, Florida is business friendly, it has no state income or inheritance tax, and it has great asset protection laws.
- There are many misconceptions about domiciling in Florida, including misconceptions about property ownership, residency duration, driver’s license and voter registration.
- On top of having good sunscreen, you’ll need a CPA, a financial advisor and other professionals with domicile experience.
Why it’s essential to communicate clearly about “needs” versus “wants”
- After meeting our basic needs for shelter, food, clothing, and health care, everything else is a want—and that’s where the money friction comes into play.
- Disagreement over spending is the No. 1 predictor of divorce.
- Research shows that financial responsibility is the top criteria young people use to select a mate—above good looks and career prospects.
- At all stages of life, men and women are equally concerned about financial responsibility and their partners’ spending priorities.