Doing good for others while doing well for yourself and your heirs
- Philanthropy is a three-legged stool composed of your money, time and ability. The end goal is to help people out regardless of their ethnic background or religious or political beliefs.
- More than $335 billion was given to U.S. charities in 2013—with 72 percent coming from individuals.
- Smart advisors can help you with advice on both formal and informal giving that supports worthy causes—and your tax mitigation goals.
We’ve always been a generous society; even more so this time of year. Consider the power of a planned giving program before you start writing checks to your favorite causes.
- Americans have always been an extraordinarily generous people, especially at year-end–we gave $223 billion to charitable causes last year.
- One out of three successful Americans has a planned giving program.
- Planned giving programs take many forms with charitable remainder trusts, foundations and donor advised funds among the most popular.